Monday, August 8, 2011

Crappy Morning

How did you wake up today?  Did you hit the snooze button?  Did you jump up raring to go?  Did you sleep in? 

Me?  I woke up at 5:03 am this morning to the sound of E's voice saying to me, "Mommy!  Mommy, wake up!  Mommy, I need new underwear!"

I went to bed a little after 1 am, so at 5 my brain is just not registering that it is time to wake up and function.

After a few huh and what's, I get up out of bed to find out why he needs new underwear.  I'm thinking I need to strip the bed.  I'm thinking, I told him to go potty before he went to sleep.  I'm starting to get upset when he proudly says, "Mommy, I went pee pee in the potty!  But I missed a little and got my underwear wet.  And I got the floor wet.  And the toilet wet.  But it was an accident."

I don't know about you, but missing a little compared to how he missed....  Trust me that if you have boys or a husband- you know about cleaning up a "little" miss.

I grab a towel and start to clean up when I realize that it was not just a "little" pee that missed the potty.  There was some #2 as well.  I turn to him and ask him if he went #2.  I know, dumb question but it was still way too early for me.  I have to ask him if he wiped.  Another dumb question because I know the answer to this one too.

I clean him and the potty up and head back to bed.  Needless to say, it was a pretty crappy start to my morning   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment