Monday, October 24, 2011

Best Wake Up Ever!

So I'm laying on the couch trying to catch a quick three and a half hour nap, when I feel someone tapping me gently on my chest.  I open my eyes to see Lo sanding in front me, lips pursed for a kiss.  I purse mine back and give him a quick kiss and tell him I love him.  I immediately fall back asleep.

Just a few minutes later I hear E, saying "Mommy!  Wake up!  There is a crack in the house!"  Now, he has been doing this for a few days now.  We have laminate flooring that is starting to come apart, so he is convinced that the house is cracking and is going to fall down around us.  Half asleep I mumble something to the effect that we are ok, I know there is a crack, but not to worry.  That was good enough for him so he goes back to playing on his DS.

Tap, tap, tap.  Lo is tapping on me again.  I open my eyes and he wants another kiss.  I swear that even though he cannot talk, he is the most affectionate, loving child I have ever met.  I kiss him again and fall back asleep.

At least 7 more times he taps me and by the last time, he is getting silly.  Putting his neck near my mouth, so I kiss his neck instead.

Let me tell you, that if he woke me up everyday (even from naps) like that wanting a kiss, I would be the happiest mommy on the block.  He made me feel like a sleeping princess  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment